Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chalkboard Sticky Note To Do List

I am a list maker.  Maybe a little bit to the extreme.  I have lists for everything.  I use several apps on my iPhone to make lists.  I even have a notebook with me all the time to make a quick list.  While browsing through Pinterest, I came across this picture.



I thought it would be a good idea to have a master list in our office so that my husband could see all the different projects and upcoming appointments.  If and whenever he feels like crossing something off our huge home projects list, he knows what needs done without me telling him. 

It seemed simple enough to replicate.  I already had painted our closet door and backside of the office door in chalkboard paint 2 years ago.  All I needed was some chalk and some sticky notes.  Off to Walmart I went to purchase these items.


The most time consuming part of this project is getting the lines straight.  I used a piece of metal that we had hanging out in our garage.  Not quite sure what it is or what it is used for, but it worked non the less.  Because I was doing 2 doors to make 2 separate lists, it took a couple hours to draw all the lines on and put the headings on.

Here is what my chalkboard sticky note lists look like.





Very easy and cheap.  I am really pleased with how great it looks and I love my lists.  Now every time I go into the office, I can see my lists and it will make me happy.  Hopefully, my husband will see them as well and be excited to do something on the list.

What do you think?  Let me know some other cool ways to make lists.  I can never get enough of lists.

I am linking to:







I Heart Nap Time

it's OVerflowing

the Grant Life

6 comments:

  1. What a simple & effective idea! I just use old fashioned paper and pen to keep a list of what needs doing, though this is a great idea that I may just look into! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from Sundae scoop. Ohhh.. what a great idea!! Im horrible with keeping track of things.. this would be perfect! I just need some more chalkboard paint now.

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party going on now! :)
    http://www.thegrantlife.com/2012/06/financial-friday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sticky notes!! I am your newest follower, I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me too! Can't wait to see more posts.

    Sarah @
    www.blissfulbucketlist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This is so cool! I'm featuring you tonight!!!
    ps- we live in the same state!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you did this project a while ago. I think it is so cute. Just wondering how it is holding up now? Do you still use it? Do the stick notes actually stick? Thanks! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete