Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DIY Guitar Display Shelf

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile.  I have been painting our kitchen pretty much every day.  I always think I will have time to blog afterwards, but it never happens.  I just get so exhausted after painting that I just crash when I sit down.  Oh well, I am here now. 

Here is a small project that we did in our office the other day.


Our office has a mix of things happening in there.  It is an office and a craft room first and foremost.  It is also the home of our musical instruments and sports memorabilia.  With limited floor space, I needed to get the guitar and banjo off the floor and out of the way.  

In a brief conversation with my husband about where I would like the instruments to go, he quickly came up with something.  He proceeded to go out to the garage and made it literally in about 15 minutes.

It is just a 2x4 piece of wood with large dowel rods screwed to the back.  He measured the necks of the guitar and banjo to space the dowel rods appropriately.  That is it. 


He screwed it directly onto the wall.  After that, I taped it off and painted it white.


Another easy DIY project checked off the list.  Many, many more projects to come.  Please become a follower of my blog, to see all our upcoming projects.  You won't be disappointed!

I'm linking up to:


TrendyTreehouse


Photobucket