Monday, July 22, 2013

Chalkboard Interior Doors {Hallway Reveal Part 1}

Remember my chalkboard door in my office reveal.



Well, I decided to do all of our interior doors with chalkboard paint.



For now, they all have the same geometric pattern but, I plan to change up the pattern every once in a while.


In the above photo, you can see a glimpse of the freshly painted floor and a project that I have been working on at the end of the hall (more on that tomorrow).



I was originally going to add molding to our plain flat interior doors, until my husband suggested this brilliant idea to just use chalk to create the molding effect.  He is so smart.  I love this idea.  It is perfect for someone who gets tired of things quickly.  Just erase and draw a new design.


I added these Malma mirrors to the hallway as well.  They are from Ikea and I had a bunch of them in our bedroom.  I came up with painting 1 side of the mirror to create this cool pattern because I am really into geometric prints lately.   If you can't tell in the photo, the colors are fluorescent pink and yellow.

The hallway is extremely small just like the rest of our house.  So nothing major to reveal.  But these small changes have had a huge impact in our house.  Come back tomorrow for the rest of the reveal.


I'm linking up to these parties: The Real Housewives of Riverton, Polkadots on ParadeSomeday Crafts,  DIY by Design52 Mantels, Mom on TimeoutAll Things With PurposeThe Shabby Creek CottageHouse of HepworthsThe Crafty Blog StalkerA Gimpse InsideDomesblissityGingerly MadeArtsy Fartsy MamaEmbracing ChangeMade in a DayFrench Country CottageHappy Hour Projects, Design, Dining and DiapersCreate Craft Love,  Be Different Act NormalOr So She SaysIt's OverflowingToo Much Time,  I Heart NaptimeNifty Thrifty Things I Should Be Mopping the Floor,  Our Delightful HomeSerendipity and SpiceCreating My Way to SuccessSkip to My LouRain on a Tin RoofSouthern LovelySavvy Southern Style, A Creative PrincessNo Minimalists Here, The Blissful BeeSeven AliveLive Laugh RoweWhat's Cooking LoveA Delightsome LifeI Gotta CreateTwo Yellow Birds Decor, Katherine's Corner, Lamberts LatelyReasons to Skip HouseworkSomewhat SimpleLiving Well Spending LessDomestic SuperheroTwigg StudiosSerenity YouClassy ClutterSuburbs MamaFlamingo ToesDIY Showoff, It's So Very CheriSumo's Sweet StuffSew Can Do, Lines Across, Homemaker on a Dime, Alderberry Hill, Watch Out, Martha, Huckleberry LoveCraft-O-ManiacClaire Justine XoXoThe Dedicated HouseI Gotta Try That, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, A Stroll Thru Life, The Blackberry Vine, Taylor Made, Kathe With an E, CraftionaryRedoux InteriorsMy Repurposed LifeCrafts a la Mode504 MainYoung and CraftyChic on a ShoestringLiz Marie BlogThe Pin JunkieShabby NestBacon Time With Hungry HypoThirty Handmade DaysSerenity NowFive Days 5 WaysCommon GroundA Peek into My ParadiseWhipperberry, Just Us FourTruly LovelyWhat AboutTatertots and JelloCheerios and LattesSix Sisters StuffFunky Junk InteriorsBetween Naps on the PorchFarmhouse PorchLady Behind the CurtainClean & ScentisibleThe NY Melrose FamilyMy Girlish WhimsGinger Snap Crafts, Made to be a MommaRomance on a DimeAdorned From AboveDragonfly DesignsDomestically SpeakingThe Style SistersGreen Willow PondSnap CreativitySugar and Dots, This Silly Girls Life, Free Pretty Things,  Sew Much Ado,  

30 comments:

  1. as a person that changes things around very often, this is a great idea Lauren :-) it looks very nice in all the doors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so dramatic! You took a risk and it really paid off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea, I'm impressed your husband suggested it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous! Such a creative idea...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, very cool! you can have different "molding" every week if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super creative idea! I'd like them in different colors too! Cindy @ sunsetcoasting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a CLEVER idea!!! LOVE it!

    Have a great weekend!
    xo-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a dramatic statement...love it! I can just think of the things you can write or draw....always ever changing.

    Great idea...thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SUCH a fun idea! Pinned! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks stunning. Thanks for sharing at Thriving on Thursday!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by to let you know I am featuring you tomorrow on Made in a Day! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing such amazing inspiration!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well now, that is super fun! What a fabulous idea! Great place for notes to the family! Love love love it!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lauren
    This is awesome. Thanks for sharing at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. I'm glad to have you with us. Your blog is wonderful and I'm your newest follower via GFC and Bloglovin.
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this idea- Looks adorable! I might try on my home office(basement) studio lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the geometric pattern and, of course, the chalkboard paint! Thanks for linking up to Give Me the Goods!

    Rachel @ Maison de Pax

    ReplyDelete
  16. These is really neat and so unique!! I love the design you put on them! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The gang at My Personal Accent thinks your post about Chalkboard Interior Doors is WONDERFUL. We would like to invite you to party with us at our new Blog Strut Peacock Style Link Party to share your creative ideas. Come on over!! http://wp.me/P2Vf55-1K

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow looks great, and I thought I used a lot of chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You were featured at Give Me the Goods Monday! Head over to check it out and grab a button! http://rainonatinroof.com/2013/08/give-me-the-goods-features-19/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing. I absolutely love this! I'd love for you to link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-my-new-rug.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, how fun. I love your chalk molding too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOH, they look terrific, Lauren - what a marvelous idea - love the decor added to the doors! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this - turned out wonderfully! And of course, my eyes went right to all the Gwen Stefani magazine covers/photos. Love her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this! I love anything with chalkboards!Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this project (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great look! Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very awesome, Lauren. Thanks for sharing your projects! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so fun, and so bold!! I love it. Thank you for sharing at Redoux. Featuring tomorrow. Party goes live at 2:00 PST! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a brilliant idea! I just love chalkboard paint. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for linking up to Moonlight and Mason Jars! We featured you today :) http://www.itstaylormade.com/2013/08/moonlight-and-mason-jars-week-19.html

    ReplyDelete